Jan 9, 2010

A good night's sleep

Day 8.  At my house a good night's sleep is hard to come by.  For me it is anyway.  My night is frequently interrupted by little ones up for a night time bathroom break or a bad dream, the baby crying or wanting to nurse, or my husband's snoring.  I am a light sleeper, so all of these things make it to where I have not had a single uninterrupted night of sleep in the past 6 or 7 years.  No wonder I have turned to coffee to help me through the day. 

Ember is in the process of finally getting her first tooth, so she has not slept well for the past couple of days.  Last night, she was able to get a good night's sleep. I know this because when she woke me up (we co-sleep, so she is my alarm clock on the weekends) I saw the two unmistakable signs of a well rested child.  Crazy hair and a big old smile. 

Thankfully, I never have a good night's sleep so you won't have to see a photo of a well rested mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment