Jan 17, 2010

You've got a friend in me


Day seventeen.  I am so glad that we have multiple children.  Three was what was in the cards for us, but I honestly wouldn't have minded having more.  We always joke and say if it were up to me, we would be like the Duggar family.  Not really.  I don't think I could ever handle a family quite that big.  But, I wouldn't have minded needing to have a little bit bigger breakfast table. 
My sister and I have a fairly large age gap (7 years), so much of my childhood I was basically an only child.  By the time I was old enough to play, she was busy hanging out with her high school friends and trying to keep me out of her room.  We are closer now.  Now that we are older and have children of our own.  The age gap has closed as the years have passed. 
But, the youthful relationship between me and my sister is the main reason I wanted to have my children no further than 3 years apart in age.  I wanted to make sure they weren't too far beyond each other in maturity and life stages.  I never wanted an "only child".  I absolutely love watching them play together.  There is always a friend just around the corner waiting to play.  Tyler and Lorelei play best together for now, but it won't be long and Ember will be right in the mix.  My biggest hope for my children is that their friendship is the one constant throughout their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment